You sold business property but don’t want to pay all that capital gains tax? This course will cover an option to postpone paying those taxes until a later time to allow an exchanger to leverage dollars that would otherwise be spent on taxes. It can also allow you to transfer to income producing property. A 1031-exchange is a great way to diversify and minimize risk to a real estate portfolio. But there are some strict rules when it comes to a 1031-Exchange. This course will cover all the necessary steps to ensure a safe and secure transaction that could save you thousands in taxes and possibly greatly increase income.
At the end of this course, the student will be able to do the following:
- Understand what a 1031 like-kind exchange is
- Determine the advantages of an exchange
- Review the tax regulations for an exchange
- Know the difference between relinquished property and replacement property
- Specify the different timeframes